I am very much aware of the fact that this tool could lead to the increase of road-rage. Regardless, I press on.
The other day while driving to work, Alison mentioned this to me - it had come to her independently - and we began to discuss the top five signs that we would use. Unfortunately, my drop-off in College St came up too quickly and the conversation was never finished. But two things were clear:
- Most were not printable
- With one or two notable exceptions, they were generally all a variation of the one theme
Regardless, once again, I press on to present our list of top five signs, in no particular order. I should point out that they would, in practice, contain vastly different text that this list.
- I am terribly sorry, my fellow travellers, for the mistake I have just made.
- Sir. Your blinkers do not appear to be working, as you have changed lanes many, many times without me seeing them appear. Perhaps I can recommend a mechanic?
- I was not aware that the law had been changed to allow [for instance] U-turns across six full lanes of traffic moving at speed. Please forgive my ignorance.
- You are travelling with much haste and abandon. Good luck with your wife's childbirth/fireman's duties.
- You appear sir, to be travelling quite close, and so obviously wish to be introduced. I apologise for my rudeness in ignoring you.
So what do you reckon?