Monday, May 08, 2006

Material Safety Data Sheet

I just had to share this with someone, and surely at least one of you will understand exactly why I had to share this when you read it.

I have come across Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) before. For those who don't know, they are a brief doc that tells you all the good gumph about the potential hazards associated with a product. I have seen MSDSs for stuff like fibreglass, casting resins, solvents, etc. From these, one can learn, for instance, how hazardous it is to breath in powdered resins, or the correct gloves to wear when handling caustic sodas, just how flammable or explosive something is, or even what to do if you swallow some toluene-based product.

Today, while cleaning my coffee mug at the kitchenette at work, I saw a new one sticky-taped to the cupboard above my head. It was titled:

"Spree Dishwashing Detergent"


It's good to see that my employer is looking after my safety.

No comments: