Monday, May 22, 2006

I've been very bad

Today was my first day off the Diet.

For those not in the know, Alison and I have dieting for the past twelve weeks. It's the CSIRO Total Well-Being Diet, and by all accounts, it's quite successful.

Our figures are as follows:


Alison Michael
Start 69.40 88.10
Current 62.70 79.10
Loss (kg) 6.70 9.00
Loss (%) 9.65 10.22


Not too bad for twelve weeks. Although we weren't huge heifers in the first place, I for one am glad the extra kilos are off: I'm fitter than I've been for decades, am notching up my belts, and can justify having kept all those old incredibly-skinny clothes.

Now while we haven't been saints on the diet, we have done it fairly strictly, and there's been countless times when I've just wanted to lie in front of the telly, eat a whole kilogram of potato chips, one of those quarter kilo blocks of the cheapest or drink twenty beers in a row.

I knew today was going to be a "release" day though. Here's my tally of the bad stuff, so far:


  • One mint-cream-filled chocolate cookie (for breakfast)

  • One original glazed Krispy Kreme donut

  • One cream-filled chocolate-glazed Krispy Kreme donut

  • One chili chicken burger with sour cream

  • One server of fried chips

  • One creamy pasta salad

  • One schooner (c. 400mL) of Tooheys New beer

  • One coffee with two very real sugars



I feel decidely unclean - and just a little bit bloated.

No comments: