Friday, September 10, 2004

My Life Expectancy

I found a website, the Living to 100 Healthspan Calculator.

81.5 years, for me, apparently. September 2046.

Not really much of a surprise as my maternal grandfather made it to 83 and my paternal grandfather to 78, so it improves a little on their average.

One of the interesting things was the BMI calculator. For my 183 cm and 87 kilos my BMI = 26.28. With the following info provided for this BMI:

"Significantly overweight, meaning you are at significant risk for obesity-related illnesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes and cancer."


Significantly overweight!! Struth, I know I've got a little tummy thing happening at the moment, but I doubt there is many people in the world who would look at me and say "significantly overweight". I wonder about these universally-applied indexes.

Another interesting thing, it said that proximity to family members is a factor that reduces stress. They obviously haven't met my family.

No comments: